Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Art every Day


I decided this month to have a go at trying to create something, no matter how small or simple or complicated EVERY DAY. There is an article in the most recent Cloth, Paper, Scissors about an artist that created a purse every day for a month and I just happened upon a blog this week that has a similar creative challenge. I haven't been involved in too many challenges although Wednesday Stamper captured the very essence of what I am(a rubber stamper!) so I have participated in that most weeks.
Here is my offering for today. The challenge was almost scuppered before I got started. I meant to work on some of the unfinished pages in my art journal, but I could not for the life of me find it and after searching for about 20 mins it was time to move on to my meeting! I am sure it is in a mound of "stuff" somewhere but for now it is awol. So I decided to make a postcard instead. I am actually going to mail this one at some point. It was not what I had in mind, and I don't know if I like it, but that is not the point of this exercise. The point is to just do something every day and for me to stop analyzing and wondering etc etc which means nothing gets done.
Enough of the talk.
Let's hope I can follow through.
Parallel to this challenge, I am going to do a little bit(even if it is only 5 mins) of organizing in my craft space every day for a month as well. I obviously need to!!!LOL

3 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Blogger Leah said...

it's beautiful! great work and good job on improvising when things don't go as planned.

 
At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, it is gorgeous! keep going! wow!

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Patry Francis said...

Love your colors!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home