Friday, December 01, 2006

Art Every Day


Yesterday concluded Art every day for the month of November which was an exercise I discovered on Kat's website. Unfortunately my server let me down yesterday so I was unable to post this atc that I made. I love this series of postal atc's I came up with towards the end of the month, and I am sure I will make more, but I am also looking forward to creating Xmas stuff!!!
I have to say that it was a struggle at times to try and create something every day. It started out easy but got really difficult along the way. At times I was not in the mood and at times I was just plain tired. I defintely did not feel creative all the time, but I wanted to show myself I could do it. I put pressure on myself which for me, blocks creativity. However, I am so pleased with myself for seeing it through. I think it really does make you think, and encourages creativity even when you think you are not feeling creative. It gives you a few mins or a few hours to get away from all the stresses of life and lets just lose yourself and immerse yourself in something away from real life. The connection with other like minded people is so strong. The feeling of accomplishment when you finish a piece can be so powerful. Defintely an exercise I think everyone should take at some point. I don't know if I would ever do it again because of the pressure I put myself under but I think if I did, I would not put myself under so much pressure. It would be okay to miss a day or two. Thanks Kat. It has been an awesome month.

2 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger Leah said...

You are SO welcome! And thank YOU for participating. Congratulations on making it through the month! I try to make aem as low pressure as possible, but of course many want to do it all out, which I can understand. Perhaps you can do it next year with giving yourself permission to skip a day or two in there.

I've had the same experience each year of some days it being easy and other days it being really hard. but the best thing i've learned is that my mood doesn't always matter and there are many surprises lurking beyond that initial, "i just don't wanna!" :-) that said, i'm ready for a break from the every day posting of art and ready to get into the holidays as well. i will definitely stay in touch. please do the same! :-)

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Patti G. said...

Tina, this is beautiful and I loved your postal atc series too! I know what you mean about creating when you do not feel in the mood! You did great with this challenge!!! :) Awesome Tina!
Hugs,Patti

 

Post a Comment

<< Home